Table of Contents
It doesn’t matter if you are experienced with kratom, or have just started out on your kratom journey, if you can learn how to make kratom stronger, then you will use less and have a better experience for it.
People will tell you that there are ways you can learn how to make kratom stronger, using kratom Potentiators. But what is a potentiator, and do they work?
Let’s take on a quick journey into the world of the most common kratom potentiators, explain why they might work, and how to do them so that you can make your own decision on whether they can possibly make kratom more potent.
What Is A Kratom Potentiator?
A kratom potentiator is a substance that enhances the effects of kratom. That may sound too good to be true, but there is actually more to it than hope an Internet myth.
Think about when you drink alcohol. Sometimes you are told not to drink it with medication. Sometimes you told not to mix certain types of medications as well. The reason is that it can make the responses more intense and extreme because they are being potentiated.
That’s how it works with kratom. And you’d be amazed at how many simple, everyday substances can be used to help make kratom stronger.
Do Potentiators Really Make Kratom Stronger?
So the key question, before you ruin a batch of beautifully pure kratom, is do potentiators really work? Well, the answer is undoubted yes. However, you shouldn’t read too much into that. The experience will be different for everyone, and you’ll have to work to find your own blend that really does the trick.
But it’s definitely true, that some liquids and substances can enhance both the effects and the duration of those effects. Basically, if you want to know how to make kratom stronger, then you’re just looking at adding the things in the list below to your kratom.
Freezing Kratom: Not A Potentiator But It Works
Some people say that if you freeze kratom that it acts as a potentiator. That on its own isn’t strictly true, as cold can’t be a potentiator because it’s not a substance, plus it’s not just the cold that actually potentiates the kratom on its own.
You have to mix it with an acidic liquid, something like fruit juice, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar. Or you could mix citric acid powder and water together if you want a neutral-tasting acidic liquid.
You then put the kratom into a freezer container, and add enough of the liquid to make it into a thin mud. You then freeze it.
You know when you freeze some fruit and vegetables, they start to break down, will it’s the same with kratom. It’s called cell lysis, and it means that a lot of the alkaloids are already extracted into the liquid by the freezing process. You then let it melt to slush, and down it, for an instant hit that is also potentiated even more by the acidic liquid.
How To Make Kratom Stronger: Top 6 Methods
So now we’ve talked about freezing kratom, and how acidic liquids can help to potentiate it, let’s look at the top six kratom potentiators, so you can learn how to make kratom stronger.
- The number one kratom potentiator is grapefruit juice. It’s acidic, and that can help to not only make the kratom stronger through a more rapid and complete absorption, but it can also make the effects last longer. It’s best to freeze it, but if you don’t, you just mix in kratom with the grapefruit juice and then drink it. Grapefruit juice also has the benefit of disguising the powdery, bitter taste of kratom.
- This may really surprise you, but many people swear that watercress is a good kratom potentiator. It’s a very hydrated form of lettuce, which through anecdotal evidence, is rumored to really strengthen the effects of kratom. Studies have actually backed up that there is a very strong blend of chemicals in the mild form of watercress.
Now having tried this, I wasn’t that impressed. The watercress did seem to make the effects of kratom last longer, I felt the effects for about an hour longer than usual. But in terms of intensity, I didn’t really feel anything different.
- Turmeric is surprisingly a very popular kratom potentiator. A lot of people using it claim that it gives the biggest boost of anything out there can use to make kratom stronger.
On top of that, it’s a strong antioxidant, and an anti-inflammatory, which will also help to ease the pain on top of the kratom. Mix a pinch in with your kratom dose, and then take it as normal.
- Chamomile tea is a surprising addition to the list of kratom potentiators. But it really does work. A strong dose of lukewarm chamomile tea, mixed with kratom, and then drunk rapidly, can really hit the spot. Not only does it make it more of a rush, but it also significantly lengthens the effects of kratom.
- Cayenne pepper is not something you’d really want to eat on its own, but mixed in with kratom, it really does act as a fantastic kratom potentiator.
So if you want to know how to make kratom stronger, then a pinch of cayenne pepper in your dose, which you could then even take with grapefruit juice to increase your chances of potentiating the kratom dose, is a brilliant idea.
- Magnesium is often cited as a fantastic kratom potentiator. Bath salts are pure magnesium, and some people crush them to a powder and mix them with kratom because it’s so cheap. I can definitely tell you that it is a powerful potentiator of kratom.
However, on the downside with magnesium, I would urge caution because it has been linked to a lowering of tolerance to kratom.
Tolerance can be a problem because it means you are chasing the same feeling with larger and larger doses of kratom. So, by all means, give magnesium a try to see if it works, but don’t make it a regular kratom potentiator, the other five in our top six list of the best kratom potentiators are definitely the ones to try first. The quality of kratom is also extremely important, always buy fresh, high-quality kratom. Click here for the list of my recommended kratom vendors.